Do you feel stuck in a routine?
I know I often feel like I’m doing the same thing every day, every week, every month. The week is filled with chores, deadlines, work and things-to-do. Then the weekend arrives and instead of cherishing it and enjoying it half of it is spent in front of a screen or wondering what to do.
Well, wonder no more – I’ve put together a list of thirty ideas to inspire you to try something new this weekend. They’re all low cost and tech-free too (well, mostly), so a perfect opportunity to refresh your mind and enjoy the world around you that little bit more.
Ideas for a fulfilling weekend
1. Take your bike out for a ride around the local area
2. Find a new recipe to try for dinner
3. Visit your local forest or country park for a walk
4. Hire a bike and explore somewhere new
5. Head out for breakfast somewhere you haven’t been before
6. Start a new book or read an old favourite
7. Write a plan to tackle something you’ve been putting off
8. Look back through photos and create an album or scrapbook
9. Have a long lunch in a local pub garden
10. Make a small change to your space, like reorganising a bookcase
11. Tidy your desk, workspace or where you practice your hobby to get inspired
12. Visit the nearest beach or lake
13. Take a moment to plan your goals for the next few months
14. Find items you no longer need and donate or sell them
15. Head to a car boot sale
16. Visit a local shop or family run business that you haven’t stepped foot in before
17. Pack a picnic and head to your favourite spot
18. Visit a florist and bring some new flowers home
19. Start making lists in one of those notebooks you’ve been keeping pristine
20. Do something creative, like experimenting with watercolours
21. Grab your camera and hold an impromptu family photo shoot
22. Skip the gym and go for a walk or run instead
23. Go swimming
24. Take a favourite bake and change the recipe slightly, see how it turns out
25. Meet up with friends you haven’t seen in a while for coffee
26. Head to a local event or exhibition
27. Visit your nearest museum
28. Refresh your bedroom with fresh sheets and less clutter
29. Indulge in a long bath with a good magazine or book
30. Share a good hot chocolate or make cocktails with friends
Those are some of my ideas for a no-tech weekend but I’d LOVE to hear yours – share one with me in the comments!
Did you enjoy this post?
I’d be so grateful if you’d consider sharing it with friends or pinning it on Pinterest – simply choose your favourite image below and click to work your magic!