I think Autumn’s my favourite season. Is it yours?
There’s something about everything cooling down a bit, the beautiful, rich colours of falling leaves, and the comfort and warmth of a cosy evening in with a hot chocolate. The last one sort of goes out the window with two young kids at home, but it’s quickly becoming replaced by a cuddle with a big blanket and a family movie so I don’t mind.
To celebrate the arrival of the new season, I thought I’d share some ideas and inspiration for things to do as a family this Autumn. Hope you enjoy these Autumn family activity ideas :)
If you follow the post to the end too I’ve shared a link to download a free printable list so you can check them off as you go!
- Go for a walk in your local country park, forest or open space
- Try a new, autumn-inspired recipe
- Build a blanket fort or cosy tent indoors
- Visit your local pumpkin patch
- Start a family diary of what you’ve seen/done this season
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt
- Make leaf prints to decorate your kitchen
- Go puddle splashing
- Make your favourite pumpkin bake or recipe
- Visit friends or family you haven’t seen in a while
- Take some seasonal family photos
- Go on a bike ride
- Do something crafty with pine cones
- Spend a few hours exploring nature and wildlife
- Capture memories of the changing leaves
- Make your own seasonal soup recipe
- Visit a pottery centre and paint a new mug
- Create a scrapbook of your favourite Autumn memories
- Go foraging or apple picking
- Make fun plans for Winter
Want this as a printable?
Simply fill in your details below and I’ll send you an invite to my exclusive free printables library!
I’d love to know what would be on your Autumn bucket list, or what you enjoy doing as a family this season. Share in the comments – and don’t forget to pin/share this post if you’ve found it useful.