The wonderful BlogOnXmas is approaching this weekend, so I thought I’d take part and answer fourteen questions. I’ll warn you – they’re pretty random.
The first thing on the list is to share my favourite photo of myself. I guess this is my current favourite, taken last week after I got my hair did. I’ve been on a real journey the last few weeks and part of it has been all about finding my confidence again. Spending a few hours at the hair salon makes such a difference.
On to the questions…
1. If you could choose a band to play in your garden for your birthday, who would you pick?
They’re not my favourite band, but I’d choose Little Mix because my one year old is OBSESSED with their music. She giggles and squeals every time they come on the radio or TV.
2. What do you take with you for long visits to the toilet?
It’s the worst I know, but usually my phone – or whatever book I’m trying to make a dent in at the moment.
3. What word can’t you spell?
I always have to do a double-take on accommodation.
4. What’s the most unusual job you’ve ever had?
I’d love to say something exciting here but the reality is I’ve only had a handful of jobs. There’s nothing hugely unusual about any of them, although I guess working in an insolvency practice was interesting and not something I’d have thought about trying before I applied. Being a blogger’s a bit of an unusual job though, I guess!
5. Knitting, sewing or crotchet?
Can’t do any of them with any skill at all. I’m the least crafty person I know.
6. Without looking it up, what is a jerkinhead?
It sounds like the sort of insult a twelve year old might use. I’m so curious I’m off to look it up…
7. If you could have as much of one food as you wanted forever, what would it be?
The practical side of me is heading towards potatoes, but let’s face it – it’s gotta be doughnuts. (Sorry!)
8. What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
Saying yes to speaking at BlogOn! Scary but I know it’ll be so much fun, and I’m so grateful for the opportunity.
9. If you needed a getaway driver, who would you choose?
My other half. He’s a great driver!
10. Would you rather live in Narnia or at Hogwarts?
11. What snack food says ‘Christmas’ to you?
Sausage rolls! And pigs in blankets, if they count as a snack food.
12. Is there life on Mars?
I think it’s totally possible. I’m not the most scientifically-aware person though.
13. Which Christmas movie would you be a character in, and who would play you?
I’ve always loved The Santa Clause, so probably that one. I wouldn’t have a clue who would play me though.
14. What are you proudest of?
My kids. :)
If you’re heading to BlogOnXmas make sure you come to my session… I mean, pop over to the blog and join the Xmas Jumper Linky.