I think Autumn’s my favourite season. Is it yours?
There’s something about everything cooling down a bit, the beautiful, rich colours of falling leaves, and the comfort and warmth of a cosy evening in with a hot chocolate. The last one sort of goes out the window with two young kids at home, but it’s quickly becoming replaced by a cuddle with a big blanket and a family movie so I don’t mind.
To celebrate the arrival of the new season, I thought I’d share some ideas and inspiration for things to do as a family this Autumn. Hope you enjoy these Autumn family activity ideas :)
If you follow the post to the end too I’ve shared a link to download a free printable list so you can check them off as you go!
- Go for a walk in your local country park, forest or open space
- Try a new, autumn-inspired recipe
- Build a blanket fort or cosy tent indoors
- Visit your local pumpkin patch
- Start a family diary of what you’ve seen/done this season
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt
- Make leaf prints to decorate your kitchen
- Go puddle splashing
- Make your favourite pumpkin bake or recipe
- Visit friends or family you haven’t seen in a while
- Take some seasonal family photos
- Go on a bike ride
- Do something crafty with pine cones
- Spend a few hours exploring nature and wildlife
- Capture memories of the changing leaves
- Make your own seasonal soup recipe
- Visit a pottery centre and paint a new mug
- Create a scrapbook of your favourite Autumn memories
- Go foraging or apple picking
- Make fun plans for Winter
Want this as a printable? Find out more about my Printables Library!
I’d love to know what would be on your Autumn bucket list, or what you enjoy doing as a family this season. Share in the comments – and don’t forget to pin/share this post if you’ve found it useful.